Sunday, July 12, 2009

I am Doing Better

It has been roughly 36 hours since I have had my last cigarette. It has been a bit of a struggle. But I think I am doing okay. I have read that the cravings come and go, but sometimes I feel like it is a constant craving. The 'nicotine monster' wants to be fed. I will do my best to ignore him.

We went to a block party yesterday. I found myself looking around for someone smoking a cigarette. Strangely, I did not see 1 person smoking. I thought that was very weird. There must have been 30 or 40 adults there and I did not see a single one of them smoking. Maybe it was because most of them had kids and either did not want to smoke around their kids or had quit smoking altogether because they had kids.

We have a baby shower this afternoon so we will see how that goes. I know that there will not be any smokers in our group. But it is at a banquet facility so there might be someone there outside our group that smokes. I know that I should not smoke at all, but will 1 cigarette kill me?

1 comment:

  1. YOU ARE DOING GREAT!!!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK... James and I are proud of you

    ReplyDelete