Thursday, April 30, 2009

How Addicted Am I?

I just filled out the 3rd and final questionnaire over at QuitNet, titled "How Addicted Are You?" In order to find out how addicted you are to nicotine, the questionnaire uses the Fagerstrom test. According to QuitNet, "the Fagerstrom test is a rough estimate of your physiological addiction to nicotine. It can give you an idea of where you stand in relationship to other smokers in terms of how physically dependent you are on the active drug in tobacco."

Here are my results:

Fagerstrom Addiction Questionniare

The Fagerstrom test is a rough estimate of your physiological addiction to nicotine. It can give you an idea of where you stand in relationship to other smokers in terms of how physically dependent you are on the active drug in tobacco.

Your score was 50% (5/10 points) on the questionairre.

What does this mean?
Your score on this questionnaire was in the average range. This means that you are likely to have some difficulty with physical withdrawal symptoms when you quit, but no more than most other people.

Okay, so that does not sound too bad. I will go through some withdrawal, which is to be expected. I am hoping that by working through my plan, I can minimize the withdrawal symptoms. I guess we will have to wait and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment