Sunday, May 24, 2009

SmokeSmart Works

For those of you who have been following my blog, you know that I have been using SmokeSmart to reduce the amount of nicotine that I put into my body. I started using SmokeSmart during Phase 1, and am continuing to use it now that I am in Phase 2 of my quit smoking plan.

Although I could feel the difference when I added an additional puncture to my cigarettes using SmokeSmart, I never really had proof that that the device actually worked. I guess I thought it was a little psychological. I read the information about SmokeSmart and could feel the difference when smoking a cigarette, but I think deep down I was a little skeptical. The information that I read about SmokeSmart sounded logical, but how could puncturing a filter reduce the nicotine that gets inhaled?

After yesterday, I believe that it SmokeSmart actually works! We went out to register for baby stuff (we are expecting a boy in September), and then to my mom's for a barbeque. I grabbed my cigarettes and a lighter before I left, but somehow forgot to grab SmokeSmart. I realized this when we got to Baby's R Us and wanted to have a cigarette before we spent the next 2 or 3 hours walking around the store putting stuff on our baby registry. I had 2 choices. I could either not smoke at all, or try to just smoke half of the cigarette. I chose the latter. And to be honest, I think that half of a cigarette was more than I needed. I felt satisfied. I think the first drag was a little overwhelming. It was STRONG! So I have proved to myself that SmokeSmart is working for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment